Wild King Salmon with Citrus, Basil and Olive Oil
This is one of the easiest salmon recipes you'll ever find. Done in about 20 minutes, you won't even mind segmenting all of those citrus fruits.
Prep time: 20 minutes with a glass of wine in hand :)
- 1 1/2 pound Wild King salmon, filleted, boned out and skinned. Cut into 4 pieces
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 lime, peeled and segmented
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chives, chopped
- 4 basil leaves, sliced fine
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Spring lettuces, a few handfuls
- Salt + pepper to taste
Light up your barbecue to high heat.
Mix all ingredients, except for the salmon together in a bowl and marinate for about 15 minutes.
Grill salmon with the lid on for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes for medium-rare.
Arrange grilled salmon on a platter with the citrus salad. Enjoy!
P.S. If you don't have time to grill outdoors, a quick sear in a cast iron pan works well too! :)